Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Mtg. Notes and Pictures

Debbie could not make the July mtg. because of taking her mother-in-law to the hospital so I tried to hand out tickets, take pics and direct the meeting.  Chaos was enjoyed by all:).  Actually, I shared a little bit about my class at Camp-Watch-a-Patcher with Mary Lou Weidman and also a little about blogs.  There were one or two people who were interested in developing a blog.  If any of you would like to spend two or three hours with me, I would be happy to show you how to create a blog. Call me if you are interested and we can find a common time when we all can meet.  (789-2083)

Brenda Caster shared her "Twillow" technique and did a fabulous job.  We all got patterns and a very entertaining demonstration.


Brenda's Towell in a bag demmo "Twillo"
Very cute finished bag with a towel in it!


The Frito treat recipe is found here:  FRITOS   I want to thank Kay Pennington, my blogging friend, for sharing this recipe.

Minutes of the meeting submitter by Susan Porter: I can't find them anywhere-but, I sent them out to all of you-if one of you would send me a copy-I'll post them here.  This is just a check to see who the heck reads my rambling.


Sharing:


Debbie Heaton's B'Day Quilt

Debbie's label on the back

Diane McKee's really cute autumn wall hanging

Barbara made both of these cute cute bags "in the hoop"
Barbara's 2014 quilt block
Barbara had a busy month-a tissue cover

Patsey's block finished for the 2014 opportunity quilt.

Dot's block for the 2014 quilt
Janet Haas' princess quilt for her granddaughter-all machine embroidered princesses

Carolyn's blocks for the 2014 quilt
Layout of Cecelia's quilt

Cecelia Hart is a master in embroidery arts-tthese pics do not do justice to this fabulous quilt-hope she gets it done for the show!
Debbie Heaton's Jelly Roll Race Quilt
Candy  and Eanne



Aren't those beautiful tomato's?  Thank-you Eanne



Don't forget classes at the Senior Center:  The Embroidery class meets the first and third Thursdays
                                                                BCQ's Sew-in  every Tuesday 9-11:30

Taken before Jean, Carolyn, Sue, and Carole arrived-it was a full house
Sorry about the missing minutes-I will post them as soon as I get a new copy.  Things coming up:
Back Country Quilters monthly meeting:  August 21st 6:30-8pm
Applications for submitting quilts open August 1 (you were all sent an app but more are available at The Crazy 9 Patch)
Jelly Roll Race 1st or 2nd Sat in Sept.-stay tuned
San Diego Quilt Show Sept 5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment