Thursday, May 9, 2013

Embroidery Class

Cecelia hart is leading a wonderful class on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays 9am-11 am at The Senior Center in Ramona (off 5th St.).  Last week I was too busy to stay the whole time so I took my camera and notepad and learned quite a few new things even without my machine.  The class is almost full so call Cecelia if you want to join it-you won't be disappointed-I have learned a ton!

Janet Haas stabilizing her stabilizer with Cecelia's direction

How to make your strawberry multiply and then behave with our teacher, Cecelia Hart

Classroom at the senior center

Besides arraying our strawberries-we also learned how to make a quilt label-I have some practice to do:)

Cecelia demonstrating on her computer (she is a real geek:))

   
Our teacher's sample of this last week's project:an embroidery tool bag

Judy's bag-my favorite color!

Janet's
I think this was Meryl's

Candy and Marie (Candy is Cecelia's right hand woman)
 I learned: That if I put Filmoplast over my thread-it won't break, Shoppersrule.com is a good website for sewing stuff, Easy stitch is a good tearaway stabilizer at JoAnn's,and a website for embroidery freebies is www.embroideryonline.com.  I also met 2 new ladies, Marie and Connie.  A good morning spent.  Cecelia is very organized and has put a lot of time into this class and it shows-THank-you, Cecelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment