Friday, November 1, 2013

14th Annual Back Country Quilters Quilt Show

A success! After all the hard work, I have heard nothing but positive comments from the attendees.  I have to say it looked beautiful, so i will give you a peek.  I am not posting pics of individual quilts because I didn't take pics of all 80+ of them so will show an overview and some vendors and helpers.  Please don't be offended if I didn't get you in action-I was working as well as taking pics.

Susan Porter and Candy Mittag at front desk signing in attendees and giving them programs

Susan, Candy, Sherry Mc Clendon, Dot Koerner, Mary all greeting people when they arrive
Beautiful opportunity baskets
Jean Scofield selling tickets for baskets
Mary looking sassy from head to toe as she sold opportunity tickets and handed out I Spy sheets for the I Spy game
Ruth Rudeen ran the Consignment shop.

With a little help from her friends-Diane McKee was doing a shift


One side of the autotorium-a group of Tiny Treasures (a class taught at The Crazy 9 Patch) on far left.
Debbie Branch did all the fall decorations with donations from Eanne Hamp, Debbie Heaton and Cecelia Hart
Jant Haas organized a jelly roll race to benefit diabled children-these are a few of the tops that came out of the race. There are place mats as well that the ladies made for the senior center

A wide variety of things to purchase


D

Crazy 9 Patch

My camera is acting up so the other ladies are fuzzy-sorry



Tracy Potter and her antique quilts

Ellie Cormier making a sale

One of our members from Julian, Ida

And jewelry


Paradise sewing and Jinny Hoffman

A quilt pattern by Kathy of Material Obsession, made by Dawnell and taught as a class at Crazy 9 Patch-The Crazy 9 supports Back Country Quilters and has wonderful classes-check them out!
OK, so I am including a personal quilt by Dot Koerner.  She started it in the 90's and just finished it.  There are a million points and seams on it and she didn't lose a point and every seam is delightfully spot on. 
Brenda Caster-Miss Sassy Pants and our beloved MC


I had to include this picture.  Janet won't let me ever take a picture but I caught her looking under all the tables for the table she left last year-too cute-and, yes, she found it.

The Quilt show was a lot of fun-thanks to everyone who came and who worked.  I missed getting pics of several hard workers and I appologize-especially Karen Motta who worked so hard in the kitchen serving wonderful lunches to all of the attendees.

No comments:

Post a Comment